This is a great package for doing deep sky imaging. Bought in Oct 2016 from Woodland Hills Camera and Telescopes. Paid $4600 for bundle. Never used; all new in black case with 5 top of the line 1.25-inch Astrodon filters: LRGB and H-alpha. Just priced filters on Optcorp website and they now list for $927 (tax and shipping extra). Starlight Xpress Truis SX-694 combo package with filter wheel, OAG, and Lodestar 2X lists for $3350 on Woodland Hills website.
Starlight Xpress Trius SX-694 Specifications
- CCD type: Sony ICX694AQ Exview CCD with ultra low dark current and vertical anti-blooming.
- CCD quality: Grade 1 or better - No bad columns, no dead pixels, no more than 6 'hot' pixels (saturated in
- CCD Full resolution Pixel data: Pixel size: 4.54uM x 4.54uM, Image format: 2750 x 2200 pixels
- CCD Image area: 12.49mm (Horizontal) x 9.9mm (Vertical).
- Spectral Response: QE max at 580nM (~77%), 50% roll-off at 360nM and 770nM.
- Readout Noise: Less than 7 electrons RMS - typically only 5 electrons.
- Full-well capacity: Greater than 20,000 e- (unbinned)
- Anti-blooming: Overload margin greater than 800x.
- Dark current: Less than 0.002 electrons/second @ - 10C CCD temperature.
- Data format: 16 bits
- System gain: 0.3 electrons per ADU
- Computer Interface: Built-in USB 2.0 compatible interface with 3 port USB 2 hub for peripheral devices.
- Image download time: Typically 5 seconds at full resolution using USB 2.0
- Power requirements: 115VAC / 240VAC @ 12VA, or 12VDC @ 900mA max.
- Cooling system: Regulated set-point cooling supply with two stage thermoelectric cooler to give a CCD temperature of better than -30C below ambient.
- Size: 75 x 70mm black anodized aluminum barrel with 42mm 'T2' thread at the CCD window end & input/output plugs at rear.
(Optional) Astrodon 1.25-Inch LRGB Tru-Balance Generation 2 Features:
- RGB filters designed to produce true color for galaxies and stars based upon a G2V (sun-like star) white point.
- Equal exposure time for each RGB filter leads to equal fluxes and equal color weights (combine ~ 1:1:1).
- Correct blue-green color for OIII in plane-tary nebula with 1:1:1 RGB color weights for correct star color.
- Two LRGB designs; E-Series for full-frame, and I-Series for Interline CCDs.
- Deep red filter in E-Series brings out HII regions in galaxies and better definition of H-alpha in emission nebula.
- All filters transmit an amazing 98% in their passbands for the highest perform-ance available.
- All filters are UV and NIR-blocked. No extra filters are needed.
- Breakthrough design eliminates halos around bright stars.
- Hardest optical coatings on 1/4-wave fused silica substrates for durability.
- Coatings extend to the edge (no uncoated rims that need to be blocked) and no edge-sealing is required.
- Light pollution suppression included in the design.
(Optional) Astrodon 1.25-Inch H-alpha 5 nm Narrowband Filter Features:
- Peak transmission guaranteed >90-percent assuring you of the highest performance.
- Bandwidths of 5 nm for general use and 3 nm for highest contrast, moonlight rejection and light pollution rejection
- > OD 4 (0.01-percent T) out-of-band blocking
- Hard-oxide coatings on clear 1/4-wave substrates go to the edge, eliminating uncoated rims that leak light.
- Sides are blackened to minimize reflections
- 3 nm filters can be used with fast optical systems to f/3 with little signal loss
- Parfocal with all Astrodon filters
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories