ZWO ASI071MC Pro 16 MP CMOS Color Astronomy Camera with USB 3.0 # ASI071MC-P
Description Ordering Info USA Shipping International Orders Returns Our eBay Store
1. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
- ZWO ASI071MC-Pro advanced color astronomy camera with Sony Exmor IMX071 16.2 megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor with 4944X3284 resolution and 4.8 μm pixel size (sensor size 23.6mm X 15.7mm overall)
- Integrated two-stage TEC cooling reduces sensor temperature to 35C to 40C below ambient to keep noise low to enable imaging of faint deep-sky objects (cooler power supply not included)
- Includes built-in 3.6W dew heater to eliminate moisture condensation on front window
- 256MB DDR3 buffer for quick and stable data transfer and reduced amp glow
- Ideal for capturing wide field and high-resolution color astronomical images of deep-sky objects, and works well for solar-system imaging as well
- Fast USB 3.0 transfer at up to 10 fps at maximum 4944X3284 resolution and 70 fps at 640x480; interface is backward compatible to USB 2.0
- Attractive red anodized CNC aluminum body stands up to heavy field use
- Ready to go out of the box with cables, adapters, and manual; Software and drivers available from manufacturer's website
- Compact body with 86mm diameter and weight of only 600g (21.2 oz)
ZWO’s APS-C Sensor Color Astronomy Camera
Based on the same large CMOS sensor used in many commercial DSLR systems, the ZWO ASI071MC-Pro is a color astronomy camera designed for deep-sky, lunar/solar, and planetary imaging. At the heart of the camera lies the Sony Exmor IMX071 ASP-C sensor with 16.2 megapixels, a resolution of 4944X3284, large 4.8μm pixels, and low 2.3e read noise. With regulated two-stage TEC cooling, this camera can cool the sensor to 35C to 40C below ambient to keep noise in your images to a minimum.
The fast USB3.0 interface on the ASI071MC-Pro allow transfer rates of up to 10 frames per second at full 4944X3284 resolution. At reduced resolution of 640x480, download rates up to 70 fps become possible. The camera enables exposure times of 64μs to 2000s (33.3 minutes).
DDR3 Memory Buffer and Fast Data Transfer
The ‘Pro’ designation of the camera comes from its internal 256MB DDR3 buffer for quick and stable data transfer and reduced amp glow.
TEC Sensor Cooling and USB3.0 Data Ports and USB2.0 Hub
The cooler is powered through a 2.1mm center-positive connector provides an input for the cooler power supply (not included). From the supply, the camera requires 12VDC @ 3A maximum.
The ASI071-Pro incorporates also a USB2.0 hub for powering accessories such as a guide camera and electronic focuser.
The ASI071MC-Pro has a robust and attractive CNC machined red-anodized aluminum body that stands up to heavy field use. An AR-coated glass window protects the sensor. The camera incorporates a 3.6W dew heater to keep the AR-coated window free of moisture during imaging runs. You can switch the heater off with the camera control software to save power on nights when the humidity is low. The camera also includes a new front plate that uses 6 screws to seal the sensor to reduce the effects of dew or frost. It also has a unique tilt adapter to reduce issues related to the tilt angle of the front of camera.
The ZWO ASI071MC-Pro color astronomy camera can be used with just about any telescope. It comes with a padded carrying bag, M42-M48 adapter, M54-M48 21mm extender and M48-M48 16.5mm extender, 2” cover, USB3.0 and USB2.0 cables, and a quick-start guide.
This camera can be configured with the following connections for attachment to telescopes and imaging accessories:
- 2” nosepiece
- Female T/T2 thread (M42x0.75)
- Female M48x0.75 thread
The camera has a diameter of 86mm and weighs 640 grams (21.2oz).
ZWO is phasing out software CDs, but the camera comes with instructions to help you download the required control software and drivers directly from the ZWO website.
- Sensor: SONY IMX071 CMOS
- Diagonal: 28.4mm
- Resolution: 16Mega Pixels 4944X3284
- Pixel Size: 4.78µm
- Bayer Pattern: RGGB
- Max FPS at full resolution :10FPS
- Shutter:Rolling shutter
- Exposure Range: 64µs-2000s
- ROI: Supported
- Read Noise: 2.3e @24db gain
- QE peak: TBD
- Full well: 46ke
- DDRIII Buffer: 256MB
- Interface: USB3.0/USB2.0
- Adaptor: M42X0.75
- Protect window:AR window
- Dimensions: 86mm Diameter
- Weight: 640g
- Back Focus Distance: 17.5mm
- Cooling: Regulated Two Stage TEC
- Delta T: 35°C-40°C below ambient
- Cooler Power consumption: 12V at 3A Max
- Working Temperature: -5°C—45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C—60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20%—80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20%—95%
- 4944×3284 10fps
- 1920×1200 28fps
- 1280×1080 33fps
- 640×480 70fps
- 320×240 134fps
More resolutions can be user defined
What's in the Box
- Camera Body
- Camera Bag
- Quick Guide
- M42-M48 Adapter
- USB 3.0 Cable
- 21mm Extender
- T2-M48 16.5mm Extender
- 2" Cover
- Hexagon Wrench
- 2x 0.5m USB 2.0 Cable
- Instructions for downloading drivers and software from ZWO website
Note: Occasionally, the product you receive might have a slightly different cosmetic appearance or labeling than what is shown. This can often change from batch to batch according to the whims of the manufacturer. However, you will always receive a brand new, original product as described above.
Description copyright: Agena AstroProducts - Reproduction without permission prohibited.
Back to Top
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories