Condition: Purchase on October 6, 2017 and maybe used twice. Like new; see photos.
Shipping: Free within Continental United States
ZWO ASI178MC Color CMOS Imaging Camera
The ZWO ASI178MC is loaded with the Sony IMX178 back-illuminated,
6.4M pixel image sensor. The 1/1.8" sensor has an array of 3096 x 2080
pixels that are 2.4um square. With a 14bit ADC, super low read noise of
2.2 e, and high sensitivity, the ZWO ADI178MC would make a great camera
for microscopy as well as astronomy.
Sony IMX178 CMOS Sensor Features
- High sensitivity, high resolution, and high dynamic range is yours with the Sony IMX178 back-illuminated CMOS image sensor!
- The IMX178 is an "Exmor R" sensor, with significantly enhanced
imaging characteristics, including sensitivity and low noise, by
changing fundamental structure of "Exmor" adopted column-parallel A/D
converter to back-illuminated type.
- Sony STARVIS sensors, of which the IMX178 is one, features
sensitivity of 2000 mV or more per 1µm²*, and realizes high picture
quality in the visible and near infrared light regions.
- High dynamic range was achieved by featuring 14 bit ADC, which
reduced quantization noise and suppressed dark random noise. This
enables clear image quality in light and dark areas, even when imaging
objects with high contrast.
- Everything you will need to control your ZWO camera is available and
easily downloadable in one centralized location on the ZWO website.
Click here for ZWO Software Downloads.
ASIair Camera Control (sold separately)
There is a wireless camera control solution available for this camera, and it's called the ZWO ASIair.
This small wireless module allows you to focus, take images, make
adjustments with your smartphone or tablet, and even do plate solving
and computerized mount control with the built-in SkySafari bridge. If
you'd like to add an ASIair to your camera order, you can find it in the
suggested accessories section on the lower left.
ZWO ASI178 Color CMOS Camera Specifications
- Sensor: Sony 1/1.8" CMOS IMX178
- Resolution: 6.4M
- Image Array: 3096 x 2080
- Pixel Size: 2.4um
- Max Frame Rate at Full Resolution: 60 FPS
- Max Frame Rate at 640 x 480: 253.1 FPS
- Window: IR-Cut
- Guide Port: ST4
- Shutter: Global
- Exposure Range: 32us - 1000s
- Read Noise: 2.2e
- Interface: USB3.0/USB2.0
- Bit Rate: 14bit output (14 bit ADC)
- Adapter: 2” to 1.25”/M42 x 0.75
- Dimensions: 62 mm Diameter by 36 mm
- Weight: 120g
- Working Temperature: -5ºC - 45ºC
- Working Relative Humidity: 20% - 80%
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories