ZWO ASI183MC Pro 20.18 MP CMOS Color Astronomy Camera with USB 3.0 # ASI183MC-P
Description Ordering Info USA Shipping International Orders Returns Our eBay Store
1. PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
- ZWO ASI183MC-Pro cooled color astronomy camera uses 20.1-megapixel Sony IMX183 back-illuminated CMOS sensor with 5496x3672 resolution and 2.4-micron pixel size
- Ideal for capturing high-resolution color images of deep-sky objects such as nebulae, supernova remnants, and galaxies, lunar and solar images, and for real-time electronically-assisted astronomy (EAA)
- Integrated TEC cooling reduces sensor temperature to 40C-45C below ambient to enable low-noise imaging of fainter deep-sky objects
- Fast USB3.0 transfer at up to 19 fps at maximum resolution
- 256MB DDR3 buffer for quick and stable data transfer and reduced amp glow, and additional reduction of amp glow in camera firmware
- Attractive red anodized CNC aluminum body stands up to heavy field use
- Ready to go out of the box with cables, adapters, and manual; Software and drivers available from manufacturer's website
- Compact body with 78mm diameter and weight of only 410 g (14.5 oz)
ZWO’s Versatile and Sensitive Astronomy Camera
The ZWO ASI183MC-Pro is a versatile and highly sensitive color astronomy camera for deep-sky imaging, lunar and solar imaging, and electronically-assisted astronomy (EAA). The camera incorporates a large state-of-the-art 13.2mmx8.8mm CMOS sensor with high quantum efficiency to help you extract maximum detail in your astrophotos while keeping noise and exposure time as low as possible. The camera also features TEC-cooling for superb low-noise performance in demanding imaging applications of faint astronomical objects.
High-Quantum-Efficiency CMOS Sensor
The ZWO ASI183MC-Pro color camera uses a 20.1 megapixel 5496x3672 Sony IMX183 CMOS sensor. Thanks to an innovative photodiode structure and on-chip lenses, the monochrome version of this back-illuminated sensor provides a peak quantum efficiency as high as 84%. Even at the hydrogen-alpha wavelength of 656nm, the QE is over 60%. The full well capacity of the 2.4 micron pixels is 15,000e, while read noise is a low 1.6e at 30dB gain. The low noise and high efficiency of this sensor allow you to capture more light with less noise for a given exposure time. The ASI183MC-Pro also includes advanced firmware to reduce amp glow in the camera.
DDR3 Memory Buffer and Fast Data Transfer
The ‘Pro’ designation of the camera comes from its internal 256MB DDR3 buffer for quick and stable data transfer and reduced amp glow. The USB3.0 port offers a fast 19 fps capture rate at the full resolution of 5496x3672 with 12-bit ADC, and much faster rates at lower resolutions. These data rates are perfect for solar and lunar imaging, and they allow for real-time focusing during EAA and imaging applications. This camera is also great for ‘lucky imaging’ of planets, double stars, and other compact objects, especially for telescopes with longer focal ratio.
TEC Sensor Cooling Keeps Noise Low
The two-stage TEC cooling system lowers the sensor temperature to 40oC-45oC below ambient to keep sensor noise as low as possible, even on warm nights. The camera also employs a sealed chamber and the same robust mechanical design as the ASI1600-Pro series cameras.
USB3.0 Data Ports and USB2.0 Hub
The camera itself draws 650mA@5V, more than cameras with smaller sensors, but it can still draw all the power it needs from its main USB3.0 port. The camera’s TEC cooler requires 12V@3A provided with an external power supply (not included). If the camera is powered with a USB2.0 host, the external 12V power supply is also required.
The ASI183MC-Pro color camera incorporates a USB2.0 hub for powering accessories such as a guide camera and electronic focuser.
The camera has a diameter of 78mm and weighs 410 grams. It comes with a padded carrying bag, M42-M48 adapter, M54-M48 21mm extender and M48-M48 16.5mm extender, 2” cover, USB3.0 and USB2.0 cables, and a quick-start guide.
This camera can be configured with the following connections for attachment to telescopes and imaging accessories:
- 1.25” nosepiece
- 2” nosepiece
- Female T/T2 thread (M42x0.75)
- Male T/T2 thread (M42x0.75)
- Female M48x0.75 thread
- Female M28.5x0.6 thread via 1.25" nosepiece or T2-1.25" adapter
ZWO is phasing out software CDs, but the camera comes with instructions to help you download the required control software and drivers directly from the ZWO website.
- Sensor: 1″ CMOS IMX183CLK-J/CQJ-J
- Diagonal: 15.9mm
- Resolution: 20.18Mega Pixels 5496*3672
- Pixel Size: 2.4μm
- Bayer Pattern: None
- Shutter:Rolling shutter
- Exposure Range: 32µs-2000s
- ROI: Supported
- Read Noise: 1.6e @30db gain
- QE peak: 84%
- Full well: 15ke
- DDRIII Buffer: 256MB
- Interface: USB3.0/USB2.0
- Adaptor: M42X0.75
- Protect window:AR window
- Dimensions: 78mm Diameter
- Weight: 410g
- Back Focus Distance: 6.5mm
- Cooling: Regulated Two Stage TEC
- Delta T: 40°C-45°C below ambient
- Camera Power consumption: 650mA at 5V
- Cooler Power consumption: 12V at 3A Max
- Working Temperature: -5°C—45°C
- Storage Temperature: -20°C—60°C
- Working Relative Humidity: 20%—80%
- Storage Relative Humidity: 20%—95%.
- 5496×3672 19fps
- 3840×2160 41.04fps
- 1920×1080 80.10fps
- 1280×720 117.30fps
- 640×480 169.92fps
- 320×240 308.17fps
- 5496×3672 19fps
- 3840×2160 36.12fps
- 1920×1080 70.48fps
- 1280×720 103.23fps
- 640×480 149.53fps
- 320×240 271.19fps
More resolutions can be user defined
What's in the Box
- Camera Body
- Camera Bag
- Quick Guide
- USB 3.0 Cable
- 21mm Extender
- 16.5mm Extender
- 1.25" Nosepiece
- 1.25" Cover
- 11mm Ring
- 2" Cover
- 2x 0.5m USB 2.0 Cable
- 2x Spacer
- Instructions for downloading drivers and software from ZWO website
Note: Occasionally, the product you receive might have a slightly different cosmetic appearance or labeling than what is shown. This can often change from batch to batch according to the whims of the manufacturer. However, you will always receive a brand new, original product as described above.
Description copyright: Agena AstroProducts - Reproduction without permission prohibited.
Back to Top
Filed under: Eyepieces & Accessories